Get Your Prescriptions
Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Plans have contracts with pharmacies that equal or exceed the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) requirements for pharmacy access in your area. Our plans give you access to an extensive network of local and national pharmacies that work with Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage to keep your costs low.
Our pharmacy network includes pharmacies that offer standard cost sharing and pharmacies that network pharmacy to receive your covered prescription drugs. Your cost sharing may be less at pharmacies with preferred cost sharing.
The directory indicates which of the network pharmacies offer preferred cost sharing. It will also tell you what retail pharmacies can fill a long-term supply of medication. You can also contact customer service if you need help finding a network pharmacy near you.
We have network pharmacies outside of our service area where you can get your prescriptions filled as a member of our plan. Generally, we cover drugs filled at an out-of-network pharmacy only when you are not able to use a network pharmacy. The circumstances when we would cover prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy are listed below. Before filling your prescription in these situations, call customer service to see if there is a network pharmacy in your area where you can fill your prescription.
- You are outside the service area and run out of or lose your covered Part D drugs or become ill and need a covered Part D drug.
- You are unable to obtain a covered drug in a timely manner at a network pharmacy in your service area (for example, no access to 24-hour, 7-day-a-week network pharmacy).
- You are unable to obtain a particular drug as it is not regularly stocked at an accessible network pharmacy or mail-order pharmacy (for example, an orphan or specialty drug with limited distribution).
- Network mail-order pharmacy is unable to get the covered Part D drug to you in a timely manner and you run out of your drug.
- Drug is dispensed by an out-of-network, institution-based pharmacy while you are in an emergency department, provider-based clinic, outpatient surgery, or other outpatient setting.
- During any federal disaster declaration or other public health emergency declaration in which you are evacuated or otherwise displaced from your place of residence and cannot be reasonably expected to obtain your covered Part D drugs at a network pharmacy.
- We will cover prescriptions that are filled at an out-of-network pharmacy for medical emergencies and in some routine situations for up to a one-month (30 days) supply. Drugs excluded by federal statute from the Medicare Part D formulary are not eligible for coverage even in emergency or urgent situations.
If the pharmacy you have been using leaves the plan's network, you will have to find a new pharmacy that is in the network. If the pharmacy you have been using stays within the network but is no longer offering preferred cost sharing, you may want to switch to a different pharmacy. To find another network pharmacy in your area, use our Find a Pharmacy tool, or call customer service at 888-850-8526 (TTY/TDD: 711) Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., (or 7 days a week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., October 1 to March 31).
Get your prescriptions delivered to your home using our mail-order pharmacy home delivery services.
Through the CVS mail-order home delivery service, pay a $0 copay for a 90-day supply of preferred generic drugs or up to a 100-day supply of Select Care Drugs.
How to use this benefit:
- Ask your doctor for a 90-day prescription or up to 100-day prescription for Select Care Drugs, then:
- Go to Caremark.com to create an account and fill out the New Prescription form, OR
- Fill out the CVS Order Form (.pdf) and mail it to:
PO Box 659541
San Antonio, TX 78265-9541
- Allow up to 10 business days from the day you submit your order for delivery
Rx Savings Solutions (RxSS)
RxSS can help you save money by finding lower-cost options on your current prescriptions.
How to use this benefit:
- Set up an account at myrxss.com/premeramedicare.
- Search and compare prescription prices based on your Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage insurance coverage.
- View any savings opportunities applicable to your current prescriptions.
- RxSS can work with your doctor to get approval for you to switch to a more affordable, equally effective prescription.
To have alerts sent to your email inbox, simply update your email address and notification settings in your RxSS account’s user settings
Rx Saving Solutions is an independent company that provides the prescription drug savings program on behalf of Premera Blue Cross
Receive up to a $65 quarterly benefit for over-the-counter health and wellness products available through OTC Health Solutions. This benefit provides you with an easy way to get generic personal care items, bath and safety supplies, hearing aid batteries, and more. Catalog item prices include shipping, handling, and sales tax.
For questions about OTC Health Solutions for 2024, view our FAQ (.pdf).
Learn about Medicare plans offered in your area.